Lots of changes have been made in order to ensure that the clinic is “Covid secure”. I have been busy implementing new safety and hygiene protocols and making changes in the clinic itself.
How will treatment work with social distancing?
The first step after making you appointment will be to go through a screening and risk assessment process. You will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms or exposure to suspected cases, and assessed for your clinical vulnerability to evaluate whether it is safe for you to come to the clinic for treatment. Following that, your consultation will be held over the phone of via Zoom to minimise the time you have to spend in clinic.
When you come to the clinic for treatment you will be asked to wait outside or in your car until I call you in. You will be required to wear a mask (any face covering following government guidance will be fine, and if you do not have one I can provide one for you). On entering, you will be asked to wash your hands and then you can go straight to the treatment couch. Please do not bring any unnecessary items with you into clinic, and I would suggest bringing a plastic bag to hold any clothing that you remove.
I will be wearing a fluid resistant mask throughout, clothes and shoes that are worn for clinic only and washed at the end of each day, and will be washing my hands before and after every contact with a patient. If you require a towel to keep warm, or for modesty this will be single-use only and put in the wash. For those of you that like a foil blanket to keep you warm and cosy, I will give you one to keep and take home to bring to each appointment.
Needling and the treatment itself will be the same as usual and you’ll be left to relax for 20-30 minutes while the needles do their magic. You’ll be provided with alcohol gel to clean your hands after the treatment, and you are welcome to use it at any time throughout your visit.
Payment should ideally be made in advance via bank transfer, but card payment will be acceptable. The card machine will be sanitised after every use. Cash payment should only be made if no other method is possible.
What changes have been made to ensure clinic is Covid Secure?
- All unnecessary items have been removed from the clinic, and soft furnishings have been replaced by items that are fully cleanable after each patient.
- A paper hand towel dispenser has been installed in the washroom along with hand washing instructional poster.
- Patients are asked to only use the toilet in emergencies, and then politely requested to wipe the toilet seat after use with the cleaning wipes provided.
- A minimum of a 30 minute gap will be left between each patient to ensure that you are not coming into contact with anyone other than myself, and to allow time to fully clean and ventilate the rooms.
- All work clothing, used towels etc will be washed at the end of the day in a 60 degree wash.